PIONEER DJ

Saturday, July 19, 2008



[NEWSSOURCEDOTCOM]
[LABEL]: +CURVVE RECORDINGS

+Christopher Norman
bytes into+Curvve with his
+Gareth Emery remix

Christopher Norman
has spent the last three years under the pseudo name “Retrobyte,” offering roles as singer, songwriter and producer.

During that time, Chris has had the rare opportunity of being protégé to +Gabriel and Dresden and working with many other well established artists and labels.

This interview with the esteemed musician, about his life and recipe for success, marks the latest release on +Curvve Recordings with his remix of +Gareth Emery’s “More Than Anything.”

How did you come up with the name “Retrobyte”?

I hate to disappoint, but there’s really not a cool story to go along with it - it just popped in my head back when I was in high school and I let it stick. I’m making the slow (and painful) transition back to my real name and I’m starting to wish I didn’t have an alias in the first place!

Were you involved in any music classes in high school?

I started doing piano when I was 6 or 7, and that led to playing in band in school. I also went to an arts high school for two years and did piano there as well.

Who were your biggest musical influences?

Growing up I listened to a lot of +Michael Jackson and +Queen, and my parents both loved folkier stuff too. In recent history some big influences have been Jamie Lidell, +Basement Jaxx, Ozgur Can, Feist, +Gabriel & +Dresden (of course), +Robyn’s new record is fantastic…just too many to list!

To read the full interview with Christopher Norman, click here.

Click here to listen to samples of the song or to purchase it

SOURCE:CURVVE RECORDINGS [LABEL]

+
webLINKS AND INFO POSTED BY
DANIEL FURLONG
furlongdaniel@hotmail.com

No comments: